Friday, June 3, 2011

Newborn Baby Pants?

Since potty training, we have had issues with Emma's pants fitting.  Previously, we were using cloth diapers, which are bulky, and in our case were used to keep pants up.  For the last several months (since her second birthday), I have been trying to figure out what to do about it. I am so sick of putting darts in all her pants, but it seems pretty inevitable that for the foreseeable future that will be my life.
I did, however, try my hand making our own.  I used Rae's Newborn Baby Pants pattern, but they really needed more in the rise and length.  Since we are finally getting warm weather, I decided to leave the length alone and have capri's.  I did have to add a waistband to get some added rise.  Next time I will just add more in the pattern to the rise, and also I would like to give them a little flare. Anyway, here is my version:
I wanted to wake her up to for a photo shoot, but that could not go well.....

"Emma, if you say cheese, you can have some candy"

"CHEESE!!!"

And she's already forgotten about the candy, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment