Thursday, June 9, 2011

Warhol Dress, the Emma way

I have been dying to make the Warhol dress that Dana from Made posted forever ago.  I also have been dying to do something with all these shirts I 'stole' from my sister, you might remember from this post.  Well, I printed it out and it didn't really fit together right (this is a recurring problem, so I'm confident it is on my end, not Dana's), but I pieced it together anyway and laid it on the shirt.  Fit pretty well, but I was feeling lazy and didn't want to sew side seams, so I just left the sides together and basically loped of the top (would it kill me to take a pic? maybe).  Then I used the shoulder straps for the yoke, which really didn't work, but I kinda forced it to do what I wanted.  And here is how it turned out:
Before. (Sorry, Blogger won't let me turn it, so just tilt your head to the left)
After.

Back View.
Please don't kick your books, Emma.

Much better, books are for reading, silly.

Nice. How lady-like.

Put your dress down, girl!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the captions. haha! I think I was like that when I was little.

    So jealous that you can get free exam paper!!

    ReplyDelete