So, as I said in this post, I have a lot of old shirts to upcycle. During E's bath this evening I hand sewed this little number:
It was soooooo EASY, too. Here's what it looked like before I broke out the scissors:
Then, I cut it off right below the arm pits:
Next I flipped it over so that the bottom of the old sweater would make the top of the new dress:
I didn't take pictures of this part because I was just kind of going with the flow, but I cut off the neckline and cut it in half. Then I hand stitched (only because I was confined to the bathroom for Emma's bath otherwise I would have used the sewing machine) the straps to the back, sewed on a couple of cute buttons, and cut the buttonholes.