Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweater Dress Upcycle

So, as I said in this post, I have a lot of old shirts to upcycle.  During E's bath this evening I hand sewed this little number:

It was soooooo EASY, too.  Here's what it looked like before I broke out the scissors:





Then, I cut it off right below the arm pits:

Next I flipped it over so that the bottom of the old sweater would make the top of the new dress:




I didn't take pictures of this part because I was just kind of going with the flow, but I cut off the neckline and cut it in half.  Then I hand stitched (only because I was confined to the bathroom for Emma's bath otherwise I would have used the sewing machine) the straps to the back, sewed on a couple of cute buttons, and cut the buttonholes. 
Tah-Dah:

No comments:

Post a Comment